Saturday, January 2, 2016

Penny Collection Savings

I've always loved money and hated spending it. I'd get a $20 bill for my birthday and I'd just stare at it. Just looking at money makes me happy.

When I was 12 years old I started my own penny savings. Every time I'd find a penny it would go into a 24 oz jar of mine. Once it seemed as if there were more than $2.00 worth of pennies in the jar, I would count up 200 pennies and then throw them into a huge empty water gallon jug. I've  been doing this for almost 8 years now and I have 3 huge gallon jugs of pennies, all pennies.

The quest to this uncompleted accomplishment has been a funny one.

One time I went to the gas station and bought a burrito. My change was 2 pennies. There happened to be no pennies in the cash register, unless the cashier opened up one of those rolls of change.

It took her a while to find it AND open it. "Haha geez these 2 pennies must be a pretty big deal to you huh?" she said sarcastically, and slightly in an irritated tone. "Hell yes they are." I said holding my ground. There were 4 people behind me just muttering, stuttering, and sighing because she was taking too long with the rolls. Geez it was like 30 seconds.

"Dammn boy c'maw naw, ya'll don't need deez 2 ass pennies, ya'll be spendin on what now?" I forgot to mention that this was down in Downtown Dallas, the less high class area. I couldn't understand half the words he was saying.  "Change is change, I'm gonna get my change alright?" I shot back. "Psshhhhh ya'll flippin. Pennies nigga. Pennies nigga." "I need to get out of here." I said to myself, I was close to laughing actually.

Back in high school my classmates knew about my penny collection and found joy in throwing pennies out the window of the track bus, just to watch me leap out and pick up multiple ones with joy and a good laugh

The motive is hopefully an ancestor kind of thing. When I'm a father I'll give it down to one of my children. There is always that one child that will be more interested in this kind of thing than the other child. And when they have kids, it'll be passed down to them as well and so on. It'll be a LOT of pennies, but I think it would be cool. It would be special for me. To know that I started something like this. I'm gonna make it happen. It'll be fantastic. I know it's a little ridiculous and childish but I think it's cool.

Thank you. Thank you for reading lol.

Cheyenne Fuller

https://www.instagram.com/kingofawkward23/
https://twitter.com/kingofawkward23
Follow my blog and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment