Saturday, August 15, 2015

Badass Gas Station Dude!

I found the secret to part of my happiness, laughter, and motivation. Caffeine. I actually had a 14 hour night shift last night, the longest one yet, and I got through it perfectly fine because of my coffee. I used to make fun of people for drinking it all the time and now I'm one of those people. I'm running on 5 hours of sleep every day. Usually 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and then 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. I'll sleep and then I start my shift again, unless I have a day off.

Ever since I started work I would go to 7 eleven for my daily coffee every night at approximately 11:54 lol. It's nothing fancy, just a coffee with a mixture of caramel and vanilla creamer. Simple but so good. Just a month ago they moved a guy to the night shift.

I walked into the 7 eleven. "Hey how's it going man?" said a young man, around the age of 24, he was working the cash register. He had medium length skater-boy hair and seemed obviously chill. "Pretty good yourself?" I said. "Good bro." he said with a slight grin.

I got together my coffee and went to the register with my $1.59. "Eh." he said waving his hand toward the door. "Haha what?" I said. "Eh I don't want your money." he said. "Well what do you mean? Here. Here's the money for my coffee." I said trying to give him my money. "Nahhhh." he said with a slight grin. I'm good." I now started to smile. "You sure man?" I said. "Haha yeah man have a nice night." he said grinning. "Um haha ok you too dude." I said shaking my head.

"Hmm interesting." I thought to myself.

The next night I went to get my coffee like usually.

"Eh nahhhh I don't want yo money." he said grinning more then before. "Ok dude won't you get in trouble for doing this?" I said. He looked around and then said "Eh, catch ya later bro." he said grinning. "What the...." I said moving towards the door. He just grinned like crazy.

The next night I went in to get my coffee. 2 guys were in front of me and they had a coffee each. "That'll be $1.59 please." said the skater gas station worker. "Whaaaaaa?" I thought to myself. "He just made them pay!" I went up next. "Here take it! Take it!" I said trying to force the $2 in his hand. "Haha we've been through this man," he said laughing. "Hahaha dude what the heck?" I started laughing. "Are you just doing this to me?" I asked. "Eh could be." he shrugged his shoulders. I just looked at him in astonishment. "Get outta here I don't need yo money." he said grinning. "Dude this is so freakin amazing." I said. "Haha have a good one man!" he said.

The next time I went in I kept questioning him. "Ok please you gotta tell me why man. Why are you doing this?" He just grinned and shrugged his shoulders. "Are you gay?" I whispered jokingly. "Hahaha no I'm not gay bro." he laughed. "Is it because I work night shift?" I asked. "No dude." he smiled. "Then what the heck man!?" I said. He just started laughing. Never told me why.

This has been going on for almost 2 months now. One time I even added two donuts to the coffee and he still gave them to me free. No one else, just me! I just don't get it. He still hasn't told me why. But I'm not going to overuse this "power" I guess. A guy like this doesn't deserve to be taken advantage of so I guess for now I'll just appreciate this new friend of mine and the free coffee and donuts he is giving me haha. I will make it my duty to find out why though!!



Thanks for reading like usual peeps!

Cheyenne Fuller

https://instagram.com/kingofawkward23/
https://twitter.com/kingofawkward23
Follow my blog and check out my other posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment